Monday, Aug. 1, 2022
10-10:30 a.m. EST; 7-7:30 a.m. PST
Matthew Albright; Knicole Emanuel, Esq.; David Glaser, Esq.; Ronald Hirsch, MD, FACP, CHCQ;
Kevin Lasser, CEO; and Andrew Wachler, Esq.
Like unwanted mushrooms bursting forth from your lawn, the Zone Program Integrity Contractors (ZPICs) appear to be on steroids. Their audits are aggressive disruptors in the vast auditing landscape in which providers continue to provide care and bill for the services they provide. In fact, the recent uptick in their audit activities is in the Medicaid arena. UPICs— the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) contractors tasked with integrating program integrity functions for audits and investigations across both Medicare and Medicaid—are now coordinating and performing more Medicaid audits.
During the next live edition of Monitor Mondays, prominent healthcare attorney Andrew Wachler, the managing partner of Wachler and Associates, will be reporting on the ZPIC audits he is encountering while offering steps providers and suppliers can take to protect their reimbursement from recoupment.
Other segments will include these instantly recognizable broadcast segments:
- Post Payment Audits: Kevin Lasser, CEO of Rev Keep, will report on the post payment audits.
- The RAC Report: Healthcare attorney Knicole Emanuel, partner at the law firm of Practus, will report the latest news about auditors.
- Risky Business: Healthcare attorney David Glaser, shareholder in the law offices of Fredrikson & Bryon, will join the broadcast with his trademark segment.
- Monday Rounds: Ronald Hirsch, MD, vice president of R1 RCM, will be making his Monday Rounds with another installment of his popular segment.
- Legislative Update: Matthew Albright, chief legislative affairs officer for Zelis, will report on current healthcare legislation.