Monday, Aug. 14, 2017
10-10:30 a.m. ET; 7-7:30 a.m. PT
William Dombi, Esq.
National Association of Home Care and Hospice
Janelle Ali-Dinar, PhD; Nancy Beckley, MS, MBA, CHC;
Ronald Hirsch, MD, FACP, CHCQM; David Glaser, Esq.; Angela M. Phillips, PT;
and Edward Roche, PhD, JD
With approval from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) in hand, two Recovery Audit Contractors (RACs), Cotiviti and Performant, have a new target in their sights: Condition Code 42.
As reported on Monitor Mondays last week by Ronald Hirsch, MD, Condition Code 42 is applied to a claim when an inpatient is being discharged from home health, but that treatment is unrelated to the hospital treatment. Joining our weekly Internet broadcast to report on this lead story will be William Dombi, vice president of law for the National Association of Home Care and Hospice.
The broadcast rundown also will include:
- Monday Rounds: Ronald Hirsch, MD, vice president of R1 Physician Advisory Services, will be making his Monday Rounds with another installment of his popular segment.
- Hot Topics: Monitor Mondays senior correspondent Nancy Beckley, president and CEO for Nancy Beckley and Associates, will have all the latest hot topics and the Monitor Mondays Listener Survey.
- America’s Rural Health Report: Topic authority Janelle Ali-Dinar, vice president of rural health for MyGenetx, will report on saving healthcare for rural populations.
- Ransomware Crisis: RACmonitor investigative reporter Edward Roche, founder and director of scientific intelligence for Barraclough NY LLC, will continue his reporting on the global ransomware crisis facing America’s hospitals.
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility Report: Nationally recognized inpatient rehabilitation facility (IRF) authority Angela Phillips will report on the 2018 IRF Prospective Payment System Final Rule released on Aug. 3.
- Risky Business: Healthcare attorney David Glaser with Fredrikson & Byron will have another example of a potentially troublesome issue that could pose a risk to your facility.
Register now for this readers-choice news broadcast coming your way on Monday, Aug. 14, 2017 at 10 a.m. ET.
Monitor with us.™
Evaluation and Management (E&M) services are the subject of a new four-part, on-demand webcast series available on September 22. Register now.