Monday, Feb. 21, 2022
10-10:30 a.m. EST; 7-7:30 a.m. PST
Andrew Wachler, Esq.
Matthew Albright; Knicole Emanuel, Esq. ;Tiffany Ferguson, LMSW, CMAC, ACM;
David Glaser, Esq.; and Ronald Hirsch, MD, FACP, CHCQ
In a terse, matter-of-fact announcement, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is promising “significant enforcement” if providers have not complied with rules surrounding the Provider Relief Fund (PRF).
This time, HHS is focusing on whether hospitals that received PRF payments complied with the surprise billing provisions of the PRF terms and conditions. Providing an early defense warning of the imminent government audits during the next edition of Monitor Mondays will be healthcare attorney Andrew Wachler, managing partner of Wachler and Associates, who is expected to warn providers that these audits are likely just the beginning.
Other segments to be featured during the live broadcast include the following:
- Risky Business: Healthcare attorney David Glaser, shareholder in the law offices of Fredrikson & Bryon, will join the broadcast with his trademark segment.
- RAC Report: Healthcare attorney Knicole Emanuel, a partner at the law firm of Practus, will file the Monitor Mondays RAC Report.
- Monday Rounds: Ronald Hirsch, MD, vice president of R1 RCM, will be making his Monday Rounds with another installment of his popular segment.
- Legislative Update: Former Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) official Matthew Albright, now chief legislative affairs officer for Zelis, will report on the status of healthcare legislation associated with the current COVID-19 pandemic.
- SDoH Report: Tiffany Ferguson, a subject matter expert on the social determinants of health (SDoH), will report on the news that’s happening at the intersection of healthcare regulations and the SDoH.