Monday, March 5, 2018
Trending Topic Broadcast
10-10:30 a.m. EST; 7-7:30 a.m. PST
Shannon DeConda, CPC, CPC-I, CEMC, CMSCS, CPMA®;
David Glaser, Esq.; Ronald Hirsch, MD, FACP, CHCQM;
Angela M. Phillips, PT; Mary Inman, Esq.;
and J. Paul Spencer, CPC, CPC-H
“Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) was set to implement a new processing edit with regard to the use of Modifier 25, effective March 1, 2018, but things didn’t go as planned,” reports Shannon DeConda, founder and president of the National Alliance of Medical Auditing Specialists (NAMAS), as well as the president of coding and billing services and a partner at DoctorsManagement, LLC. Listen to Monitor Mondays this coming Monday to hear more from DeConda on why Anthem is rescinding the new policy.
The broadcast rundown also will include:
- Monday Rounds: Ronald Hirsch, MD, vice president of R1 Physician Advisory Services, will be making his Monday Rounds with another installment of his popular segment.
- IRF Update: Angela Phillips, one of the nation’s foremost authorities on inpatient rehabilitation facilities (IRF), will report on Medicare guidelines for an “interrupted stay” in the IRF, and for how services should be billed for these patients.
- Medicare Advantage Report: Monitor Mondays national correspondent J. Paul Spencer will continue to report on the vexing issue of Medicare Advantage. Spencer is a senior healthcare consultant for DoctorsManagement.
- Risky Business: Healthcare attorney David Glaser with Fredrikson & Byron will report on another example of a potentially troublesome issue that could pose a risk to your facility.
- Whistleblowers: Nationally recognized whistleblower attorney Mary Inman will report live on current whistleblower cases from the London offices of her firm, Constantine Cannon.
Register now for this trending hot topics broadcast coming up at 10 a.m. EST on Monday, March 5.
Monitor with us.™