Monday, Sept. 27, 2021
10-10:30 a.m. EST; 7-7:30 a.m. PST
John Zelem, MD, FACS
Founder and President, Streamline Consulting Services, Inc.
Matthew Albright; Knicole Emanuel, Esq.;
David Glaser, Esq.; Ronald Hirsch, MD, FACP, CHCQ; and Mary Inman, Esq.
As healthcare attorney Knicole Emanuel recently reported here on RACmonitor, in 2022 providers can expect a “frenzy” of audits – although it seems to be happening already now, as some hospitals are executing crisis standards of care while coping with an influx of COVID-19 patients (namely, unvaccinated patients who have contracted the deadly Delta variant).
The result is that many hospitals are on the brink of disaster, their resources stretched to the breaking point. Joining the next upcoming broadcast of Monitor Mondays will be John Zelem, MD, former general surgeon-turned-healthcare consultant. Dr. Zelem will report the lead story on the broadcast about the long-feared rationing of medical care now being practiced at hospitals in Idaho, Montana, and Alaska. Other hospitals are expected to soon adopt similar crisis standards of care.
Monitor Mondays will also have the latest national audit news updates from well-respected broadcast consultants, including:
- DOJ and Medicare Advantage: Famed whistleblower attorney Mary Inman, partner in the law of office of Constantine Cannon, will report on the U.S. Deptartment of Justice filing a civil complaint against a data-mining company affiliated with a Medicare Advantage (MA) plan for allegingly cheating the government out of tens of millions of dollars, thus enabling the plan to overcharge for treating patients.
- Monday Rounds: Ronald Hirsch, MD, vice president of R1 RCM, will return with another installment of his popular segment.
- RAC Report: Emanuel, a partner at the law firm of Practus, will file the Monitor Mondays RAC Report.
- Legislative Update: Former Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) official Matthew Albright, now chief legislative affairs officer for Zelis, will report on the latest healthcare regulatory news coming out of Washington, D.C.
- Risky Business: Healthcare attorney David Glaser, shareholder in the law offices of Fredrikson & Bryon, will join the broadcast with his trademark segment, reporting on legal implications facing healthcare providers.
Register now to listen to this exclusive live broadcast, coming up at 10 a.m. EST on Monday, Sept. 27, 2021.
Monitor with us. ™