Monday, July 26, 2021
10-10:30 a.m. EST; 7-7:30 a.m. PST
Andrew Wachler, Esq.
Managing Partner at Wachler & Associates, PC
Matthew Albright; Knicole Emanuel, Esq.; Ellen Fink-Samnick, MSW, ACSW, LCSW, CCM, CRP;
David Glaser, Esq.; and Ronald Hirsch, MD, FACP, CHCQ
The COVID-19 pandemic might have subsided somewhat, but in the eyes of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), it is anything but over, as the agency continues to treat providers as if it were still surging.
In order of priorities, CMS is starting to push Targeted Probe-and-Educate (TPE) audits, according to healthcare attorney Andrew Wachler. He reports that his firm is starting to see activity of this nature, noting that before the pandemic, there were more than 13,500 such audits, adding that the consequences can be severe if not handled properly.
Next on his agenda during the next live edition of Monitor Mondays, Wachler will discuss audits and a False Claims Act (FCA) case relating to the Provider Relief Fund. And looking ahead, Wachler will report on what he expects to see with potential audits, actions he expects to see in telehealth, and the various areas of telehealth that feature the greatest exposure.
Other segments to be featured during the live broadcast include the following:
- Monday Rounds: Ronald Hirsch, MD, vice president of R1 RCM, will return to make his Monday Rounds with another installment of his popular segment.
- RAC Report: Healthcare attorney Knicole Emanuel, a partner at the law firm of Practus, will file the Monitor Mondays RAC Report.
- Risky Business: Healthcare attorney David Glaser, shareholder in the law offices of Fredrikson & Bryon, will join the broadcast with his trademark segment, reporting on legal implications facing healthcare providers.
- Legislative Update: Former Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) official Matthew Albright, now chief legislative affairs officer for Zelis, will report on the latest healthcare regulatory news coming out of Washington, D.C.
- SDoH Report: Ellen Fink-Samnick, a nationally recognized expert on the social determinants of health (SDoH), will have the latest news on this trending topic that is attracting significant media attention. Ellen will also conduct the Monitor Mondays Listeners Survey.