New to the Monitor Mondays broadcast?
Monday, Aug. 8, 2022
10-10:30 a.m. EST; 7-7:30 a.m. PST
Knicole Emanuel, Esq.; Tiffany Ferguson, LMSW, CMAC, ACM; David Glaser, Esq.; Folana Houston, MPA; Ronald Hirsch, MD, FACP, CHCQ and Mary Inman, Esq.
Without admitting guilt, a Florida health system entered into a $20 million settlement under the False Claims Act with the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) to resolve allegations that it made donations to increase Medicaid contributions. The whistleblower filed the suit alleging that the system made improper cash donations to a local charity in a scheme to increase the system’s Medicaid funding. At a time when the False Claims Act is under scrutiny, this story—to be reported by famed whistleblower attorney Mary Inman—is relevant and consequential. What lessons can be learned from this not-to-charitable scheme? Listen and learn when Inman, a partner in law office of Constantine Cannon, joins the next live edition of Monitor Mondays.
Other segments will include these instantly recognizable broadcast segments:
- The RAC Report: Healthcare attorney Knicole Emanuel, partner at the law firm of Practus, will report the latest news about auditors.
- Risky Business: Healthcare attorney David Glaser, shareholder in the law offices of Fredrikson & Bryon, will join the broadcast with his trademark segment.
- SDoH Report: Tiffany Ferguson, a subject matter expert on the social determinants of health (SDoH), will report on the news that’s happening at the intersection of healthcare regulations and the SDoH.
- Monday Rounds: Ronald Hirsch, MD, vice president of R1 RCM, will be making his Monday Rounds with another installment of his popular segment.
- Legislative Update: Folana Houston, assistant general counsel for Zelis, who will be substituting for Matthew Albright, will report on current healthcare legislation.