Monday, Aug. 28, 2017
10-10:30 a.m. ET; 7-7:30 a.m. PT
Mary A. Inman, Esq.
Constantine Cannon, LLP
Janelle Ali-Dinar, PhD; Nancy Beckley, MS, MBA, CHC;
Ronald Hirsch, MD, FACP, CHCQM; David Glaser, Esq.;
and Laurie A McBrierty, MLT, ASCP
Last week the U.S. Department of Justice announced a $465 million settlement with Mylan, Inc., makers of the trouble-prone EpiPen, to resolve claims that it violated the False Claims Act. The corresponding suit, brought by Mylan’s competitor, Sanofi-Aventis US LLC, alleged improper misclassification of the EpiPen as a generic drug to avoid paying rebates owed mainly to Medicaid.
Returning to Monitor Mondays for a second time in a month to report on this topic will be whistleblower attorney Mary Inman, a partner at Constantine Cannon.
The broadcast rundown also will include:
- Monday Rounds: Ronald Hirsch, MD, vice president of R1 Physician Advisory Services, will be making his Monday Rounds with another installment of his popular segment.
- Hot Topics: Monitor Mondays senior correspondent Nancy Beckley, president and CEO for Nancy Beckley and Associates, will report on Thursday’s breaking story about the court-ordered “Jimmo” website.
- America’s Rural Health Report: Topic authority Janelle Ali-Dinar, vice president of rural health for MyGenetx, will report on saving healthcare for rural populations.
- Risky Business: Healthcare attorney David Glaser with Fredrikson & Byron will have another example of a potentially troublesome issue that could pose a risk to your facility.
- Focus on Revenue: Laurie McBrierty, vice president of product management for Career Step, will have an exclusive report on how the 2018 DRG changes could severely impact revenue while putting your facility at risk for non-compliance.
Register now for this readers-choice news broadcast coming your way on Monday, Aug. 28, 2017 at 10 a.m. ET.
Monitor with us.™
PROGRAM NOTE: Make certain that your facility will be in compliance with the new ICD-10 code changes being made effective Oct. 1, 2017. Register your coders now to attend the final installment of a three-part webcast workshop series scheduled for Aug. 30. Produced by ICD10monitor, the series will feature Scot Nemchik, CCS, and Janice Tarlecki, MBA, RHIA, CCS, both with Ciox Health.