Monday, May 15, 2017
10–10:30 a.m. ET; 7–7:30 a.m. PT
Sara Goldstein, Esq., General Counsel,
Janelle Ali-Dinar, PhD; Nancy Beckley, MS, MBA, CHC; David Glaser, Esq.; Ronald Hirsch, MD, FACP, CHCQM; Stanley Sokolove, CPA; and Paul Spencer, CPC, COC
A $2.5 million settlement reported last month by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office for Civil Rights (OCR) reveals the risks when providers fail to understand requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). The violation was the impermissible disclosure of unsecured electronic protected health information (ePHI). Reporting our lead story on the next edition of Monitor Mondays will be Sara Goldstein, general counsel for MRO.
The broadcast rundown also includes:
- Monday Rounds: Ronald Hirsch, vice president of R1 Physician Advisory Services, will be making his Monday Rounds with another installment of his popular segment.
- America’s Rural Health Report: Topic authority Janelle Ali-Dinar, vice president of rural health for MyGenetx, will report on saving healthcare for rural populations.
- Medicaid RAC Report: Monitor Mondays national correspondent J. Paul Spencer with DoctorsManagement will return with an update on the Medicaid Recovery Audit Contractors (RACs).
- Monday Focus: Former Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) official Stanley Sokolove will report on the end-stage renal disease (ESDR) Premium Assistance controversy – a follow-up to the news that a federal judge recently blocked a CMS rule change that would have barred patients with ESDR from getting charitable help to pay for private health coverage.
- Monitor Mondays Hot Topics: Monitor Mondays senior correspondent Nancy Beckley, president and CEO for Nancy Beckley and Associates, will have all the latest hot topics and the Monitor Mondays Listener Survey.
- Risky Business: Healthcare attorney David Glaser with Fredrikson & Byron will return with another example of a potentially troublesome issue that could pose a risk to your facility.
Register now for this important and timely broadcast coming your way on Monday, May 15, 2017 at 10 a.m. ET.
Monitor with us.™