Monday, April 25, 2022
10-10:30 a.m. EST; 7-7:30 a.m. PST
William Dombi, JD
President and CEO
National Association for Home Care & Hospice
Knicole Emanuel, Esq.; Tiffany Ferguson, LMSW, CMAC, ACM; Folana Houston, MPA; David Glaser, Esq.; and Ronald Hirsch, MD, FACP, CHCQ
With the growth of Medicare hospice services comes expanded oversight on claims and care quality. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office of Inspector General (OIG) has initiated a nationwide audit of hospice claims on the heels of multiple in-depth audits of such facilities. Unified Program Integrity Contractors (UPICs) and Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs) have joined the hunt in recent weeks, putting all hospices on notice that vigilant compliance measures are essential. At the same time, there have been increased survey frequency and expanded sanction risk targeting these providers – and all of this will be part of the coverage of our lead story during the next Monitor Mondays broadcast.
Other segments will include the following:
- The RAC Report: Healthcare attorney Knicole Emanuel, partner at the law firm of Practus, will report the latest news about auditors, including the Recovery Auditors (RAs).
- SDoH Report: Tiffany Ferguson, a subject matter expert on the social determinants of health (SDoH), will report on the news that’s happening at the intersection of healthcare regulations and the SDoH.
- Risky Business: Healthcare attorney David Glaser, shareholder in the law offices of Fredrikson & Bryon, will join the broadcast with his trademark segment.
- Monday Rounds: Ronald Hirsch, MD, vice president of R1 RCM, will be making his Monday Rounds with another installment of his popular segment.
- Legislative Update: Folana Houston, assistant general counsel at Zelis, will be substituting for Matthew Albright, chief legislative affairs officer for Zelis, and will report on current healthcare legislation.