With “small breaches” – those impacting less than 500 patients – gaining more attention from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ (HHS) Office for Civil Rights (OCR), healthcare leaders are focused more than ever on implementing best practices around identifying and mitigating risks associated with Protected Health Information (PHI) disclosure. One area of focus should be centralizing and standardizing Release of Information (ROI) processes.
You can learn more in MRO’s eBook, “Breach Risk in Release of Information: Don’t Leave Risk to Chance,” which discusses the following trends:
- Expanding points of PHI disclosure and requests for health information
- Increasingly complex regulations for sharing health information
- Quality assurance gaps in the ROI process
- Steepening penalties and financial impact to provider organizations
- Enterprise-wide solutions for PHI disclosure management