Monday, June 19, 2017
10–10:30 a.m. ET; 7–7:30 a.m. PT
Janelle Ali-Dinar, PhD; Nancy Beckley, MS, MBA, CHC; William Dombi, Esq.; David Glaser, Esq.;
Ronald Hirsch, MD, FACP, CHCQM; and Edward Roche, PhD, JD
The Cybersecurity Task Force of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) just released a report that suggests current guidelines are not adequate to meet the current cyber security threat. The report calls for U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to create a “Cybersecurity Leader Role” to help “align” efforts across the nation’s healthcare sector.
Among the many recommendations in the recently released report: the eventuality that healthcare organizations will be audited to make sure that they are observing government-approved and certified cybersecurity practices. RACmonitor investigative reporter and New York attorney Edward Roche will report on this latest development in the next edition of Monitor Mondays.
The broadcast rundown also includes:
- Monday Rounds: Ronald Hirsch, MD, vice president of R1 Physician Advisory Services, will be making his Monday Rounds with another installment of his popular segment.
- Hot Topics: Monitor Mondays’ senior correspondent Nancy Beckley, president and CEO for Nancy Beckley and Associates, will have all the latest hot topics and the Monitor Mondays Listener Survey.
- America’s Rural Health Report: Topic authority Janelle Ali-Dinar, vice president of rural health for MyGenetx, will report on saving healthcare for rural populations.
- Hospice Report: William Dombi, vice president of law for the National Home Care and Hospice Association, will report on the recently posted CMS Hospice Provider Review Reports.
- Risky Business: Healthcare attorney David Glaser with Fredrikson & Byron will return with another example of a potentially troublesome issue that could pose a risk to your facility.
Register now for this important and timely broadcast coming your way on Monday, June 19, 2017 at 10 a.m. ET.
Monitor with us.™