Monday, Oct. 11, 2021
10-10:30 a.m. EST; 7-7:30 a.m. PST
John Zelem, MD, FACS
Streamline Solutions Consulting
Knicole Emanuel, Esq.; Matthew Albright
Ellen Fink-Samnick, MSW, ACSW, LCSW, CCM, CRP;
David Glaser, Esq.; and Ronald Hirsch, MD, FACP, CHCQ
The heat is on.
As reported by RACmonitor, Livanta, the Beneficiary and Family Centered Care-Quality Improvement Organization (BFCC-QIO) auditor, has started sending out documentation requests for short-stay inpatient audits. For targeted hospitals, Livanta will select 30 inpatient admissions of Medicare beneficiaries whose length of stay (LOS) was either zero or one day within the prior three months.
So beware. And be prepared. For context on this development, Dr. John Zelem will report on the use of Occurrence Span Code 72 during the next live edition of Monitor Mondays.
Monitor Mondays will also have the latest national audit news updates from well-respected broadcast consultants, including:
- Monday Rounds: Ronald Hirsch, MD, vice president of R1 RCM, will return with another installment of his popular segment.
- RAC Report: Knicole Emanuel, a partner at the law firm of Practus, will file the Monitor Mondays RAC Report.
- Legislative Update: Former Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) official Matthew Albright, now chief legislative affairs officer for Zelis, will report on the latest healthcare regulatory news coming out of Washington, D.C.
- SDoH Report: Ellen Fink-Samnick,anationally recognized expert on the social determinants of health (SDoH), will have the latest news on a trending topic that is attracting significant media attention. Ellen will also conduct the Monitor Mondays Listeners Survey.
- Risky Business: Healthcare attorney David Glaser, shareholder in the law offices of Fredrikson & Bryon, will join the broadcast with his trademark segment, reporting on legal implications facing healthcare providers.
Register now to listen to this exclusive live broadcast, coming up at 10 a.m. EST on Monday, Oct. 11, 2021.