SPECIAL 60-MINUTE OUTLOOK EDITION
Monday, January 10, 2022
10-11:00 a.m. EST; 7-8:00 a.m. PST
Matthew Albright; William Dombi, Esq.; Knicole Emanuel, Esq.; Tiffany Ferguson, LMSW, CMAC, ACM; John Foggle, MD, MBA; David Glaser, Esq.; Ronald Hirsch, MD, FACP, CHCQM; Jerilyn P. Morrisey, MD; Angela Phillips, PT; Edward M. Roche, PhD, JD; and John Zelem, MD, FACS
With the calamitous year of 2021 now in the rearview mirror, slowly receding from view, its legacy is expected to have a haunting effect, now and in the future, on America’s system of healthcare. And decisions being made in Washington, D.C. will impact every practice, facility, and health system for months or even years to come.
With so many major changes expected to take place in 2022, you need to stay informed and alert – and RACmonitor and Monitor Mondays will help you stay out in front of the issues that will alter the delivery of healthcare, both now and throughout a new year that has arrived amid a time of unprecedented uncertainty.
During the next edition of Monitor Mondays, broadcast host and RACmonitor Publisher Chuck Buck will have an all-star lineup of experts on hand to tell you what to watch out for, marking the 2022 premiere for the weekly Internet broadcast, which is celebrating 12 years of live programs.
Segments to be featured during the live broadcast include the following:
- Coronavirus Update: Frontline physician Dr. John Foggle will provide a real-time update on the mysterious omicron, the extraordinarily contagious variant of the coronavirus that has gripped the nation.
- Home Health and Hospice: William Dombi, president of the National Association of Home Care and Hospice, will report on the impact of COVID-19 and the public health emergency (PHE) on his Association’s members.
- Medicare Advantage Report: Medicare Advantage (MA) auditors are being called, by some, nothing short of bullies. Senior vice president of clinical and regulatory affairs for Versulas Health, will report why this bulling behavior exists and how providers should deal with this ongoing issue.
- IRF: One of the nation’s foremost authorities on inpatient rehabilitation facility (IRF) services, Angela Phillips will return to report on the resumption of IRF reviews by Recovery Audit Contractors (RACs).
- The Special Report: Who really does own the medical record? Dr. John Zelem, founder and CEO for Streamline Solutions Consulting, will report on this controversial issue, seeking to perhaps finally resolve the decade-old mystery.
- The Roche Report: RACmonitor investigative reporter Edward C. Roche will return with an exclusive story he’s uncovered while monitoring audit misbehavior nationwide from his perch in the Big Apple.
- Risky Business: Healthcare attorney David Glaser, shareholder in the law offices of Fredrikson & Bryon, will join the broadcast with his trademark segment, reporting on legal implications of the recently passed surprise billing law.
- Monday Rounds: Ronald Hirsch, MD, vice president of R1 RCM, will be making his Monday Rounds with another installment of his popular segment.
- RAC Report: Healthcare attorney Knicole Emanuel, a partner at the law firm of Practus, will file the Monitor Mondays RAC Report.
- Legislative Update: Former Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) official Matthew Albright, now chief legislative affairs officer for Zelis, will report on the status of healthcare legislation associated with the current COVID-19 pandemic.
- SDoH Report: Tiffany Ferguson, a subject matter expert on the social determinants of health (SDoH), will make her Monitor Mondays debut appearance, filling the shoes of Ellen Fink-Samnick, who has long reported on this timely topic with clarity and insight, but will be leaving her post as she completes her doctorate degree. Ferguson will report on the news that’s happening at the intersection of the coronavirus and the SDoH.
Register now to listen to this exclusive 60-minute live broadcast, coming up at 10 a.m. EST on Monday, Jan. 10, 2022.
Monitor with us. ™